To keep our community safe, you should get tested for COVID-19 if you have these symptoms, however mild:
- Chills or sweats
- Cough / sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
Where to get tested?
- You should seek testing from your General Practitioner (GP)
- Anyone seeking testing needs to have an appointment – call ahead and follow the instructions about presenting for a test
- If you are unable to get tested at your GP, find your nearest testing site by calling the 24-hour coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398 or visit: gov.au/CORONAVIRUS
- Beechworth Surgery offers limited testing for people with symptoms who are:
- Residents of Beechworth and surrounds and /or
- Patients of Beechworth Surgery
- Tests are by appointment only – call 03 5728 1566
What does a test cost?
- The test is free for anyone with symptoms that meets the criteria for COVID-19 testing
- Bring at least one form of identification e.g. Medicare card, driver’s licence
Why is it important to get tested for COVID-19?
- Testing helps find and isolate cases quickly and allows contact tracing to commence
- Collecting as much information about COVID-19 as we can helps reduce the spread of the virus
What does a test involve?
- The test involves a swab from the back of your throat and nose
- The test takes around a minute
What happens after the test?
- You must return home immediately after the test and remain in self-isolation until you receive a negative test result and until your symptoms have resolved
- If you need assistance while you are in self-isolation please call the Indigo Shire Council Pandemic Coordination team on 1300 365 003 who can connect you to local services